What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Honesty, It’s Hardly Ever Heard

I didn’t work on the novel Wednesday night like I promised you. Like I promised me. I ended up talking with a friend instead, telling myself that a friend in need was more important than writing. Except the conversation wasn’t about life stuff and the friend wasn’t “in need”. My excuse was pure bullshit.

The good news (which, by the way, makes admitting the bad oh so much easier) is that I did get back to the novel on Thursday. Five minutes in and I was gone. The world around me melted away. The worries and fears were lost to me. It was all about story. That story. And I was able to edit chapter 1. Today I’ll edit chapter 2.

And it felt good, as it always does.

By the way, my main character, a “psychic” named James Hoover, doesn’t go anywhere without his trusty TC1100 tablet pc (:

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.