What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Sublime Evening with Friends

I've been meaning to write about this. You see, last Saturday I went to see Ani DiFranco in concert with friends, both old and new. Before the show, we had a great meal at Ponzu (sp?), then walked to The Warfield for the show...Ani was in fine form...her playing was spectacular, and coupled with good friends and good food, well, the only way to describe the evening is "sublime".

So anyway, during the show a guy in front of us was recording songs on his cell phone...I've seen these types of clips before show up on youtube, so I checked. I couldn't find any from the show we saw, but this ones from last night. It's of one of her early classics -- 32 Flavors. It's a great performaance clip, but what's truly amazing is that it sounds and looks so good...from a cell phone! Technology baby, you gotta love it!

Enjoy...
Ani DiFranco - St. Louis, MO; Friday, July 20, 2007

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.