Hmm...the first list I created worked pretty well. I think I made it through about 80% of the tasks, which wasn't too shabby. Not sure it was more than I traditionally completed during the non-list era of my life, but it sure felt like it. So I'll go it again, because I DIDN'T finish work I needed to do on my novel for this week's writer's group, causing me to need to bump the meeting to a later date. I HATE that, but it's been kind of a strange week, and the final section requires a lot more work than I anticipated. Still got about 50 pages to revise...
So, without further ado, here's what I need to accomplish this week/weekend
1. Finish shipping boxes to friend. (3-4 hours)
2. Finish the novel revision (10 hours)
3. Read freind's novel (begin) and provide feedback (?)
4. Attend to bills (.5 hours)
5. Walk to the beach at least 3 times this week (4 hours)
6. Read/study about mystery schools (research and more -- 3 hours)
7. Meditate (5x min -- 1.5 hours)
8. Make reservations/plans for Ghost Story Weekend (2 hours)
9. See Halloween (3 hours)
10. Bonus: Rollerblade in GG Park on Sunday (2-3 hours)
11. Visit mom (4 hours)
12. Do yard work at parent's house (6 hours)
13. Clean the apartment (3 hours)
Okay, that's a lot, but as you can see, I haven't forgotten to put at least one "fun" item on the list. I made my fun item last time, and while I had a good time, I didn't quite feel that sense of accomplishment for having ticked an item off my list. I know that's a head game thing, so I'm working on that. This time around, I hope to accomplish 80% or more, but will settle for less.
In the future, I may decide that I should limit my list to 7 itemes --- one per day. That way, there's a little extra time for the unexpected. Okay, I'd better get going. It's BEAUTIFUL out there, so I want to do one of my beach walks today, but first I need to box up a few things...I'm off!