What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Geek Loves Library Most

Okay, it's probably no secret that I'm a geek (and if you're reading this, well, you know). But maybe this admission is beyond geeky: my very favorite spot in Manhattan is The Public Library and the AMAZINGLY cool Bryant Park behind it. Here's a picture of the study room that I took way back in 2002:

DSC00114

And then there's Bryant Park, which to me, is the epitome of what a city park should be -- tables, chairs, chess players, carousel, sandwich shop,outdoor stage and an outdoor bar and grill at one end:

image


Ah, Manhattan in the spring time...

Cliff

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I was so tickled to see the parks where folks played chess. Man, what I would give.

Clifford said...

Yeah, there's an air of civility about it...and, I don't know, calm? Whatever, it's nice to see. As I kid, I taught myself to play chess (bought the board and READ the instructions in the lid), but I was never very good. Never had the patience. Maybe now...

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.