What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Friday, May 16, 2008

You wouldn't know the truth...

...if it hit you in the face!

That's what my mom used to say to me. And you know, she's right. I have this really bad habit of telling fantastic whoppers. They're not lies in the true sense, because they're crafted to be so outlandish that if you have a clue, well, you'll know it's a lie. And that's the point. I guess.

The reason I'm sharing this is because I just received an email from a friend who I saw last night -- she asked if I had lost weight!  Maybe she saw my butt crack, I don't know, but she did ask! Anyway, in my reply I told her the reason I was losing weight was for the Peeps, and that as soon as I got to my correct weight I was going to so be on those Peeps -- but with a knife and fork this time, so that I could savor rather than devour...

Okay, how much of that is true. Hmm...since I don't like Peeps, well, not much. Of course Peeps, being what they are, they just seemed like the right thing. And once, she brought a box of pink ones to a writer's meeting (I didn't touch em), so they were fare game. Call it a character flaw, if you must, but you should know that I'm an obligate liar ... who rarely lies.

And that's the truth. Really.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.