What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Laptope?

Laptope, pronounced, lap-top-fay, or lap-toff-fay. Good? We definitely need a new word for cafes and coffee shops, I just can’t think of one. I’m writing this from Quetzel, a grooviliciously South American style Laptope right now. And believe it or not, there are two people NOT on laptops! Freaks! We should ostracize them!

Update: Definitely pronounced lap-toff-fay. Please use it so it becomes Websterized sooner than later. And pronounce it correctly, or I will so ridicule you.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Do you get a cut if it goes world wide?

Clifford said...

Haven't quite figured out how to monetize it yet, but I will. In the meantime, if you'll just drop 2.13 cents into a mason jar everytime you say "laptope", I'm sure I'll be able to find it in my heart to overlook any late payments or damages do me once I do wrap this up. (by the way, that's 2 cents per utterance, 3 cents every 8th).

Thanks Charles.

archiwiz said...

My laptoffe hardly leaves the house now. Would it still be considered that?

Clifford said...

archiwiz,

Sorry, I wasn't clear -- that's what we call the cafes, coffee shops, and bistros with free wifi and laptops as far as the eye can see...so your laptoffe is really just a laptop. Sorry (:

archiwiz said...

Ahhhhhh... I see...

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.