What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

He reads!!!

scott Last night was great – I got to hang out with friends, old and new, at Writers with Drinks. We were there to support one of our own, as he did his very first reading for his new novel, Breathers.

The night was cool an so were all of the readers – it was one of the better Writers with Drinks – there wasn’t a dud in the group.

There were 11 of us in our party, and after the show, we headed out and walked through The Mission, seeking out a place to eat. Amazingly, despite the depression we’re in, the restaurants in The Mission were really busy. We finally ended up at Frjtas, a French Fry/Crepes/Sandwich place. The place was noisy, but we commandeered the tables at the back of the restaurant and had our own little party. What a pleasant evening!

Oh yeah, before I forget, Scott did a great job reading and the crowd was totally appreciative. I’m sure he sold a few books and garnered a few new readers from it!

2 comments:

syzygy13 said...

Yayyy! So glad it went well. We had a lovely time - I went golfing for the first time (there will most likely be a blog post about it soon), and watched "Boondock Saints," which was pretty darned cool.

Clifford said...

Cool.

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.