What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Do you know how many quarts in a gallon?

I’m sitting in Starbucks (yeah, I know, but it’s close to work), absorbed in my editing, and like this middle aged guy comes in and his friend, who’s waiting for him at the table behind my chair says, “Do you know how many quarts are in a gallon? How many ounces?”. Okay, it wasn’t “hello, how are you”, but I guess, in a pinch, it works.

The guy asking the question is probably in his late 30s, but if you weren’t looking, you wouldn’t know it. He’s wearing a suit but sounds like he’d be more comfortable on a surf board. California in the negative sense. Oblivious to the volume of his words in the American sense. Clueless in…well, all senses.

Arrgggh. My biases are showing. Damn. Need to work on that.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.