What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Post Meditation Bliss

meditating kittiesI just finished my meditation for this morning, and when I opened my eyes, this is what I saw. My forever fighting cats, snuggled together, enjoying the warmth of each other like they used to do before the fighting began a couple years ago. Now, they pretty regularly groom each other, but it’s fleeting and usually results in hissing and occasional swats. I haven’t seen them like this in a long, long time.

Whenever I meditate, Cougar is attracted and comes and sits in my lap. It’s like he’s attracted to my calm. So this morning, after my phone interview, I began my morning meditation, and sure enough, Cougar showed up. I gently petted him as I continued to meditate. A couple minutes later, he left…I was focused inward, and didn’t realize he was only a foot away, snuggling with his brother. Nice way to begin the day…

Man, I need a better camera on my phone.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.