What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Emailing in Outlook 2007




One of the simple pleasures in using a Tablet PC is being able to sign a document in your own handwriting. Because ink integration in Windows XP is good, but not seamless, there are sometimes issues. With each iteration things get better. Easier. More integrated.

So I'm using the Betas of Office 2007. And the inking is better. Markedly so. So in Outlook, I've been signing all my emails. And all was right in the world. Outlook 2007 makes the process pretty easy: I select the pen, the color I want, tap the screen and write. Doesn't get much more intuitive than that.

But then I noticed that when one of my friends replied, my signature in the history portion of the message was, well, screwy. It looked like my hand slipped as I was writing and I wrote a long line across the page. He's the only one who seems to be receiving my signature like this, so it's probably something about his system. I would have probably written it totally off but his system is only a couple months old, and well, Outlook is a Beta. So I no longer sign all my emails. Next Beta drops end of August...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.