What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ani DiFranco Concert Update

Remember the concert I blogged about…well, I went, and it was fantastic! It was held at Mountain Winery in Saratoga…the winery is located at the top of a mountain and the grounds/locale were fantastic. The sky was clear and the air was cool – as perfect an evening as you could want. September in the bay area rocks…

I went with a good friend…who wasn't an Ani fan, but this is the second Ani concert I've drug him to and I think he's becoming one as he commented on her fantastic lyrics after the show.

Ani did a great job of pulling songs from her extensive catalog, and did a FANTASTIC job with Hypnotize, a single from her new CD. She was funny and warm and aggressive on the guitar. Only thing I missed was that she didn't really do one of her amazing poems. After it was over, I realized it was probably in deference to the fact that her opening act was a slam poet.

The slam poet was accomplished, but his poetry didn't have much of an edge, and one of them, about how "cute" his city is, felt a bit forced and corny. He wasn't bad, just not, in my estimation, one of the better slam poets I've heard.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.