What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Windows Vista Update Fair

Well, I did it. I signed up for the Windows Vista Update Fair. On October 8, at Microsoft's Mountain View campus, people will be bringing their computers and laptops and tablet pcs to the Microsoft campus and upgrading them to the latest pre-release version of Windows Vista. I think this is a great idea -- they should be able to collect a lot of compatibility and software issues first-hand and eliminate user error from the equation.

Participants are promised a gift for their time, and when Vista goes live in January, a free copy of Vista Ultimate. Cool.

My tablet doesn't have the hardware to run the Aero glass eye candy, but that's okay. Vista promises so many other cool bits for tablet pc users, I'm sure I'm gonna be in tablet heaven after the install…

I'll let you know how it goes…

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.