What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Monday, December 10, 2007

True worth of a book

I've been looking for "Blood Brothers" by Sidney Williams at the used bookstores, and I've been out of luck so far. On Saturday, while snapping up calendar deals at the Book Buyers, I checked their considerable horror fiction section.

Nope.

I've been thinking, the best books may not be the books that sell the most, but those that are hardest to find on the used book circuit because these are the books people tend to want to hold on to. The hunt continues...

P.S. I know, I could probably buy it online, and may end up doing so, but so much of my shopping is now online--probably 75% of my non-food purchases are made over the net--that sometimes I begin to feel guilty and go to an actual store. I know that bookstores are on their way to becoming a historical footnote, and I've come to accept it, but there's still a bit of nostalgia surrounding then for me.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Blood brothers is a good book. I got a copy when it was fresh on the shelves but I'm afraid I'm not parting with mine. Good luck in your search.

Miladysa said...

I totally agree that people hold on to the best books - they're worth keeping!

The joy or reading a book again and again and again is awesome :)

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.