I'm so proud of myself, so this post is a virtual pat on the back.
You see, I installed my 100-inch movie screen yesterday. Why, you might ask, am I so proud? I've said it before, but it bears repeating: all machines and tools HATE me (: So anyway, here are the accomplishments that are due me:
- Very little cursing was done
- I'm typing this and my fingers aren't bleeding, blistered, or tape-and-toilet paper wrapped
- The screen looks straight and appears fairly secure (okay, one screw is stripped, but the other five are firm)
- My headache is gone (though my TMJ is acting up a bit)
- The fire department didn't come (worthy of a virtual pat in itself)
- I only have 3 extra holes in the wall
Okay, that last one is the one I'm most proud of. You see, in order to install the brackets, I had to drill 6 holes in the wall. I measured carefully and double checked myself, because, the last thing you want to have to do is drill additional holes, you know. So anyway, the fact that I only have 3 unsightly extra holes (unused) in my wall is AMAZING! I'm soo, soo, proud of myself!
I can do it!
I'm not a total screw up!
I tamed the tool demon and spit in his eye!
Tomorrow, or maybe the day after, I'll go out and get some plaster to fill those extra holes...and some paint to paint over them. But for now, I'll just wallow in the splendor that is me.
Heh. Take that, fate!