What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Monday, March 17, 2008

6 - 9 = -3

I'm so proud of myself, so this post is a virtual pat on the back.

You see, I installed my 100-inch movie screen yesterday. Why, you might ask, am I so proud? I've said it before, but it bears repeating: all machines and tools HATE me (: So anyway, here are the accomplishments that are due me:

  • Very little cursing was done
  • I'm typing this and my fingers aren't bleeding, blistered, or tape-and-toilet paper wrapped
  • The screen looks straight and appears fairly secure (okay, one screw is stripped, but the other five are firm)
  • My headache is gone (though my TMJ is acting up a bit)
  • The fire department didn't come (worthy of a virtual pat in itself)
  • I only have 3 extra holes in the wall

Okay, that last one is the one I'm most proud of. You see, in order to install the brackets, I had to drill 6 holes in the wall. I measured carefully and double checked myself, because, the last thing you want to have to do is drill additional holes, you know. So anyway, the fact that I only have 3 unsightly extra holes (unused) in my wall is AMAZING! I'm soo, soo, proud of myself!

I can do it!

I'm not a total screw up!

I tamed the tool demon and spit in his eye!

Tomorrow, or maybe the day after, I'll go out and get some plaster to fill those extra holes...and some paint to paint over them. But for now, I'll just wallow in the splendor that is me.

Heh. Take that, fate!

6 comments:

Sidney said...

Wow, that's impressive all around. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Rock on, oh very specifically geeked one! I guess that means that I'm up for a frightifyin' this Wednesday, huh? Well, I'm looking forward to it. Really. (yipes.) ;)

RK Sterling said...

lol. Maybe you shouldn't tempt fate with the spackle and paint job.

Clifford said...

Sid,

Thanks man, yeah, I done good (:

Synergy Boy,

Hell yeah! But I can't promise it'll be "frightifyin", as lovely as that might be (:

Kate,

You cut me deep! I thought you, of all people, would be reveling in my masculine prowess. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd make a joke but I'm actual jealous of your tool using capability.

Clifford said...

Charles,

No sweat, man. I'll give you some of my extra testosterone. I may need to top it off if I end up patching the holes in the wall right (:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.