What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why I love my writers group, reason #428

hohomucherIt’s 11:30 p.m. and I just got a couple group e-mails from members of my writers group. You see, tonight was a meeting night and one of the members brought Hostess Ho-Hos and took incriminating pictures of people eating them. She then e-mailed them to all of us before she left. Here’s a couple of the most recent e-mails I received (the names have been changed to project the images):

From: woody allen 
To: Writers
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:01 PM
Subject: RE: Ho Ho

Is it just me, or does the grainy quality (and Martin’s expression) make you think this is from a 60 Minutes-type expose on deviant Ho-Ho eating clubs?
woody

From: JCO 
To: Writers
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:11 PM
Subject: RE: Ho Ho

Yes!

Just the kind of place you'd stop off at for a quick Ho after a long night out at the Gay Cat Rodeo.

JCO

----- Original Message -----

And no, I don’t think I can explain it to you…you definitely had to be there. Every meeting offers up a ton of laughs, insights, and fattening food stuffs. I couldn’t keep up the pace without these guys. Seriously. They’re talented as hell, but there’s not a sane one among the bunch – and that’s why I love them so much (:

6 comments:

Wonder Man said...

I need to find a writer's group here in L.A.

Clifford said...

@wonderman,

Yeah. A group can help you grow and hopefully, have fun doing it. LA is probably full of them. If you don't know of any, you can find them on craigslist. But be choosy. While they're checking you out, check them out. Mahe sure the members have a sense of humor about their art (:

Clifford said...

@wonderman,

Yeah. A group can help you grow and hopefully, have fun doing it. LA is probably full of them. If you don't know of any, you can find them on craigslist. But be choosy. While they're checking you out, check them out. Mahe sure the members have a sense of humor about their art (:

Sidney said...

Ah, the Ho Ho secret is out. That's what friends are good for.

Anonymous said...

awesome! awesome! awesome!

(i don't know why, but i had to type that three times)

Clifford said...

To the third power, baby!

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.