What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Music to commit suicide to…

John_Mellencamp-Life_Death_Love_and_Fre_2.jpgOh my god. Yesterday, on my way to work, I pulled out the Zune and listened to the latest release by John Mellencamp. By the time I reached BB, I was so freaking depressed and fearful for John’s state, that, well, I turned it off never to listen again.

The new release, Life, Death, Love and Freedom, is heavy on the death part. It seemed that song after song was about being older and no longer relevant…his whole life was now viewed in a rearview mirror…there was no love, no friendship, no reason to go on. I swear, that seemed to be the message in every song on the CD.

John buddy, are you ok?

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.