What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Late Night Eats…

Okay, I’m now in a 24-hour diner in my neighborhood. The time is 11:42 pm. You know, it’s funny…I haven’t been here in AGES and I used to be a regular. Feels familiar and new all over again as they’ve replaced a number of the televisions since I was last here. You see, their gimmick is that they also rent DVDs and you get to eat while watching a movie on one of the screens strategically located throughout the place.

The food is passable…nothing to write home about. It’s open, so there’s always a small crowd here. Tonight, maybe like 15 people have braved the fog.

Anyway, I’m having a cheeseburger, fries, and a shake. Yeah, I know, it’s a little late to be eating so much, but I’ve only had one meal today and I realized I wasn’t going to get to sleep tonight on an empty stomach.

So I’m here. And the food is coming. And well, it’s time to do a little work before I call it a night.

1 comment:

gardenlore said...

makes me think of the tennessee grill. miss that place.

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.