What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Ever get one of those calls from a telemarketer, and the person is talking a mile a minute and you wonder if they take oxygen before each call so they don’t have to breath until they’ve completed their spiel.

I do.

And I just got off the phone with one. I wouldn’t bother to mention it, except, the caller was speaking Spanish. I listened, attentively, parsing a word here and there but not enough to have a clue as to what was being sold (my Spanish knowledge is akin to that of a dyslexic 2-year-old). Finally, I said, “I don’t speak Spanish”, and the phone kind of went dead and I was able to hang up. Heh.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.