What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Back for Now

Okay, it's been a while, hasn't it? Personal life got out of control. Still trying to reign it in. Since that doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon, I'm going to have to force myself to make time and post more regularly. Yeah, it's like that.

So what have I been up to creatively? Tablet PCey?

Creative stuff

Unfortunately, not much. Began a short story. It was going well, but I set it down before I figured out what I was really writing about. I will pick it back up this week and see if I can fall back into the story and complete the first draft. It's horror, and a bit more personal than I'm comfortable with, but I will return. Whether it's a "success" or not is still way up in the air.

I'm also reading/proofing a novel that a friend wrote. I hate to say that I'm really behind on the edit, and even more important, I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't offer to read it before this, the final stage. That said, it's a clean read, and he uses this way cool shifting POV thing that's really a lot of fun to read. But the writer in me wants to suggest ways to make it creepier. And that's not fair at this stage of the game. Not at all. My loss. Hopefully, I'll complete it before the weekend.

And then there's the writer's groups. Both of them. One is flowing pretty smoothly, the other one is stalled. I need to solicit more writers. Quick.

On deck: 3 stories to critique for writers group 2, and a horror screenplay by another friend. Oh yeah, and the novel trilogy!

Tablet stuff

Hmm… watching Vista progress very closely and very close to throwing up my hands, giving in and installing it on Eleanor 2. I have no right to do so. At least not until Vista is released, in late January, and I can benefit from all the last minute tweaks and finishing touches. Hopefully, Vista Ultimate will include an extra tablet feature or two to sweeten the pot.

As it stands, the tablet-specific features in Vista should make the OS even sweeter to use.

Why I'm such a dull boy

Still working the same contract. The team is VERY cool, but the online editing task is pretty evil. The people make up for it though. In fact, they sent me one of the new 2nd generation iPod Shuffles as a Thank You for the work done during phase one of the project. Hmm… Is that too nice or what? Of course. I'm sold on Microsoft's All You Can Eat Plan, and have a Yahoo account, so this is out. There's no way I'd convert all my music, boy the stuff I've rented, etc. to use the Shuffle. Too bad, as it's a sweet little device land, well, it was free. In truth, the limitations (no display, etc.) would drive me up the freakier wall in no time at all. Of course, iRiver has some sweet devices…

Okay, I'm back. And I promise one more posting before the week's out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.