What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Internet ate my baby

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=24334@kpix.dayport.com

I was drive-by interviewed for our local CBS affiliate on the subject of blogs and Wikipedia and the dangers of the democratization of our media. Why me? I represented the average joe on the streets, blindly going where the Internet drags us...

It brings up some interesting questions, and I know you, the faithful few, have an opinion. And even though we may not all have Ivy league educations, our voices matter. In the end, that's what's so important about Internet 2.0 (and, to a lesser extent, 3.0). It's all about giving the individual a voice, rather than being told how we feel.

The end result? I dunno, but I have a feeling that one day, maybe sooner than later, we'll end up taking back our government. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

P.S. The reporter, Sue Kwon, was intelligent, graceful, attentive and polite. She made what could have been a stuttering mess, flow. A true pro.

2 comments:

Sidney said...

Great job! You gave them well thought out balance for the story. I just called Christine in to watch too.

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. You done good. Viva la net.

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.