What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Pearl Two...

I'm at Royal Ground cafe on Geary, drinking a cup of African Nectar (Mighty Leaf tea) and eating a chocolate-dipped shortbread cookie. Did I just hear somebody say It doesn't get any better than that? Well, you're damn close. Heh.

Anyway, at the table beside my couch is a group of chatty knitters: knit one, chat twenty seven, or something like that.

I haven't been here in a while. When I was a regular, I ran into them a lot.

There are eight of them tonight; one guy and seven women. They're an amiable lot, and I would ask to join their collective if I found wasting time knitting, well, a valuable use of wasted time.

I can think of half a dozen better ways to waste my time, and that's just off the top of my head. Heh.

Note: I wrote this message before the one below, but just realized it didn't post. This post actually led to the one below, so...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.