What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Monday, February 16, 2009

We are all insane

That’s what I was thinking, tonight, driving through the pouring rain on highway 101. Having grown up in the Midwest, I’m pretty comfortable with driving in inclement weather, even though I know that most native Californian’s aren’t.

It doesn’t matter how good I think I am, it’s the other guy that I should worry about. And that’s why, hurling down the slippery road at 55+ mph, well, is insane. Driving on the freeway at all is probably proof of our insanity. We know what could happen to us, we can imagine the pain, and in the end, we know that it’s out of our control, really, as we can’t read the other guy’s intent or control his actions.

And that, I fear, is proof that we are indeed insane.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.