What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Mute Mind

I’m almost finished with week 6 of my 8 week meditation program. By the end of the 8 weeks, I should have crossed a line in the process of becoming a meditater.

This week though, I feel like I’ve already crossed an important line. Being able to quiet my mint – to acknowledge my thoughts unemotionally and then just let them fade away. It’s happening more and more. And often, it’s an unconscious occurrence. It just is. That’s a major accomplishment for me. Really.

I’ve been meditating once to twice a day, so I figure it will be easy, once I’ve graduated from the 8-week program, to increase the amount of time I meditate per session.

This feels good.

1 comment:

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

When I was in college..or should I say one of the times I was in college..we spent time working on Eriksonian hypnosis and suggestion. As a result I started meditating and trying to accomplish things such as dream control and control of certain biological functions. It was fascinating. I had mixed success. One thing I remember, and I don't know why I stopped, was that it took tremendous patience and dedication.

Good luck. I think it's worth the effort.

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.