What I hear

Creative Writing on a Tablet PC


Twitter: What I'm doing now.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Rubbing butts with strangers

Of all the indignities of riding SF Muni, the worst has to be rubbing butts with strangers. If you ride Muni you know what I mean as you’ve no doubt rubbed your share of unfamiliar butts.

If you haven’t, it goes like this. First they pack you in like sardines; people standing belly-to-belly and back-to-back in the aisle, while the driver bellows “Move back!” at every stop as he tries to shoehorn in another half dozen people. It’s a verbal cattle prod, but since it’s not the real McCoy, the cattle have caught on to the bluff. A couple people shuffle, moving a foot here and a foot there, but once you’re rubbing butts, the desire to acquiesce diminishes.

So here I am again. Riding the bus regularly, rubbing butts with people I’d rather not rub butts with as I move through the throng to the exit.

Life’s little indignities. Heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of her most popular products are her organic vegetable seedlings, especially the tomatoes, which are
cool-weather varieties that do well on California's foggy Central Coast. Native plants or at least plants adapted to similar conditions as your region will have a better chance of growing and thriving. Try these top five organic garden weed controls that actually work.

Feel free to surf to my webpage - filmy

Anonymous said...

Natural remedies help the body's immunity system by assisting in the regeneration of good bacteria in the body. When a patient comes to me with symptoms of this disorder, I do not respond with mind-dulling medications or invasive techniques. Her book doesn't just
give a temporary quick fix, but provides all the information necessary for understanding, combating and ultimately curing yeast
infection. Michael has done his stint and it should be
left to rest. And just think how great you'll look and feel when you are consistently doing 100 ab exercises a day.

my web site :: maculose

About Me

My photo
This is me and one of my two cats. His name is Cougar, and he’s an F1 Chausie. A chausie is a new breed of cat under development. Chausies are the result of a cross between a domestic cat (in Cougar’s case, a Bengal) and a jungle cat (Felis Chaus). Cougar’s mom is 8 pounds and his father is a 30-pound jungle cat. He’s about 16 pounds, super intelligent, spirited, and toilet trained. A writer without a cat (or two) is not to be trusted.